Sunday, December 14

Weekend in (Old) England

Even though I didn’t make it to Bath as planned, I still had a great weekend.

I left the hotel yesterday afternoon intent on seeing a movie. However, after exiting the tube station, I looked around to get my bearings and find the movie theater (yeah, right, like looking around would help – I was just going to pick a direction and hope for the best), I was standing right next to a theater showing Twelfth Night (one of my favorite Shakespearean comedies) AND the cast included Derek Jacobi (who I found especially creepy in Dead Again). It looked like they were just seating for the Saturday matinee, and as I asked an employee if there were still tickets available, a gentleman said he would sell me one of his for less than face value. SCORE for me! So, I watched Twelfth Night and loved it. After Twelfth Night, since it was now darker, still raining and only 6:00, I still went to a movie – Inkheart (which doesn’t come out in the States until January). Prior to the movie, thank goodness, since I was a little peckish, I had time for fish and chips (I took a bite before I thought to take a picture – sorry).


Sunday wasn’t raining, but it was still freezing. I played tourist in the morning and walked around for a few hours – had to buy a hat because it was so cold. I ended up walking with some girls from Holland, and we helped take each other's pictures (it’s very hard to take close-up self-portraits that I like when my face is so chubby). Worked out nicely. Then I met up with my friends John and Ellen to do some shopping, although I didn't buy anything.

Saint Paul's Cathedral

The Globe Theater

Holiday Decor

Tower Bridge

Like my pink hat?

Tower of London in the background

While John, Ellen and I were shopping, we stopped at a little chocolate shop, and they had little shoes made of chocolate – yes, this is a shoe made of chocolate. But at £17, I opted against buying one... today, anyway.

4 comments:

DTanner said...

I want to to go England!

Miss L said...

I'm loving the pictures and the hat and the shoes and the fix to the peckishness (aka: the fish and chips!). It looks simply glorious, even though it's freezing and incredibly damp. :) Yay memories! :)

theresa said...

Katie you look so fantastic in your pink hat. I am so jealous of you and Amanda being able to see all these awesome places. The shoes are very cool but wouldn't they melt on your feet? I wouldn't want to eat it after I wore it. Just kidding. Hope your having lots of fun and not having to work too hard.

Wendy said...

Do you think we could get your address...we are sending out cards and don't have you address...send it to mike if you want.

Loved your pink hat by the way