Sunday, April 26

Where’s my European sugar daddy?

So, my first week in Innsbruck is over – man, how I would love to live here. Here are some of the highlights (some are more detailed than others… live with it).

1. We arrived in Innsbruck last Sunday around noon. We dropped our luggage off at the hotel and then took off to see the city. I should probably have done better research on how to get to a couple of places because after walking for quite some time, we ran out of sidewalk and found that we couldn’t actually walk to where we wanted to go – we had to go by car – at least we stopped ourselves before we started walking on the autobahn.

2. Innsbruck is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

3. I got totally ripped off at dinner one night. I went to dinner with Bill and one of our Norwegian colleagues – delicious dinner, by the way, had brats and sauerkraut, YUMMY!! – anywho, at the end of the meal, our colleague suggested we split the ticket three ways. Sounded good – well, it wasn’t until after we paid that I realized this probably wasn’t the smartest thing to do since I hadn’t had any alcohol with my meal. Let me tell you, alcohol can become really expensive really fast. Oh, well.

4. I’m working with a really cute Austrian guy – Young, but cute! ;-)

5. Did I mention that Innsbruck is gorgeous?

6. Every meal has been delicious! We ate Italian (we're about 30 minutes from Italy, so there are a LOT of Italian restaurants here), Indian, Greek, and, of course, Austrian. YUMMY!

Triumphal Arch (Triumphpforte)

City Tower (Stadtturm) in Old Town

Building in Old Town

There was this really cool parade thing going on while we were walking around town


The Golden Roof - Old Town


This is the view from my hotel room - poor me, right?

The mountains are absolutely amazing

Also from my hotel room




Stift kirche

Inside St. Jakob (Innsbruck Cathedral)

Inside St. Jakob (Innsbruck Cathedral)

St. Jakob (Innsbruck Cathedral)


So, male pedestrians are allowed in Innsbruck, just not in Munich? ;-) But only if they wear a hat.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing gorgeous pictures with us!

Miss L said...

Love it! Those hills are ALIVE (and that fountain???? You are so there! I keep expecting to see you in a picture with Maria Von Trapp!). Thanks for keeping us updated. Love it (and that red coat!)

Gina said...

You need to take a photo of the Austrian guy for us. Just turn the flash off, he'll never know.

I want to go to these food places with you. Sounds so YUM - minus the alcohol.

Love that last caption about the men being allowed with hat only. You crack me up!