Sunday, January 24

Philadelphia Freedom

What can you find in Philadelphia? The Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rocky – and me. My friend Amanda was in Philadelphia this week for a sales demo. Since she’d never been to Philadelphia before, she wanted to stay a couple of extra days and she asked me to join her. It was great taking a couple of days to just be tourists. I really appreciated the fact that there weren’t that many other tourists around – nobody should be allowed to be a tourist except me, right?

We went to Reading Terminal Market on Friday morning for breakfast. There was so much to choose from, but we finally stopped at a creperie. Here is my Caramel, Strawberry, Peach crepe. It was delicious!

The Thinker outside the Rodin Museum

We ran up the Rocky Stairs in front of the Art Museum. I bought the Rocky Theme on my iPhone to play while we ran up the stairs (see my iPhone still in my hand?). It was quite inspirational - and we ran all the way up. I was impressed that I wasn't very winded. Go me!!

Philadelphia from the top of the Rocky stairs


Independence Hall

This is the room where the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution was signed. I can't imagine how hot and smelly this room would have been in July (filled with dozens and dozens of men).

The Chinese Friendship Gate. I was surprised to learn that Philadelphia has the third largest Chinatown in the country (third to New York and San Francisco). Weird!

2 comments:

Miss L said...

I LOVE that song! And I'm so glad you have been having such a great time!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the nice blog. This is very useful and interesting.I read this and my self very appreciate with this blog. Nice picture...



quran