Monday, June 9

A rose by any other name...

Yesterday (Sunday), some gentlemen from my church came by to visit me, I guess to see how things were going. First of all, I was expecting a friend for dinner, so seeing three older men at my door was a little disconcerting.

Anyway, at the end of their visit, they asked if we could pray together. I said of course, so I asked one of the gentlemen to give the prayer. I knew I was in trouble when he started out the prayer, "bless...
...
...
this house." Poor guy, totally forgot my name. I chuckled on the inside (I hope it was on the inside). However, that's not the end. He must have had an epiphany (or what he thought was an epiphany) because he started praying for Kellie at work, her travels, etc. Who's Kellie? Oh, he means me. More chuckling and smiling (again, hopefully on the inside).

Since someone at work today mistakenly called me Kallie (pronounced 'Kay-lee.' NOTE: he totally knows my name, he just got tongue-tied), I told this story to my boss. He summed it up best when he said "Kellie must be having a great day at work." Correctly insinuating, of course, that I'm not.

2 comments:

Miss L said...

Oh Kallie!!! ARGH! The week you are having! Well, don't worry, Kellie, there's always a silver lining. Once your dad calls, I'm sure all of this will get worked out, one way or another (and let me know when you find out about that great phone plan. I have several people I still have questions for that I'd like to get in touch with).

Gina said...

Awesome story! You are such a great sport!