Saturday, May 17

Movie Trivia

While I was in Kansas, my friend Laurenda showed me some of her favorite blogs where the authors had created a quiz using movie quotes. Since I love movies, I've decided to do the same thing. Below are quotes from ten different movies. Please feel free to make your guesses. As soon as I receive a comment with a correct guess, I'll post the answer. Bonus points (bonus = extra praise from me) if you can guess who said it. Did that just make sense? I never know...

1. “[T]hough it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass.”

Much Ado About Nothing. Michael Keaton's crazy character.
--Good job Allison - I hope you remember your password so you can actually log in and post . ;-)


2. “I'm saying this with love, compassion, and the spirit of true sisterhood... you are full of [crap]!”

3. “You've got an overdeveloped sense of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble someday.”

4. “All's I want is some peace and quiet!”
“Okay, I'll be quiet.”
“And I'll be peace!”

What About Bob. (Dr. Leo Marvin (Richard Dreyfuss), Bob Wiley (Bill Murray) and the Marvin son, Siggy, while giving the peace sign with his fingers.)
-- Way to go Sara


5. “Next time you're talking to yourself, tell yourself you're single and end the conversation!”

While You Were Sleeping. (Said by a nurse, I think, to Sandra Bullock.)
-- Lots of bonus points for Sara


6. “My life is like death. My children are the spawn of hell, and you're the devil.”
“But baby, we LIKE you.”

Overboard! lolololol...this was me and you talking, not too long ago! Goldie Hahn's character to Kurt Russell's characters, whose "movie" names I've forgotten. ugh.
-- Nicely done, Laurenda. Character names are Dean (Proffitt, I think) and Annie - although Annie's the name Dean gives her - I can't remember her character's actual name right now... ugh!


7. “You've changed - you know that?”
“Yes - I suppose I have! How about this: Peace, love, dope? Now get the hell out of here!”

8. “You're in America now, speak American.”

9. "Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain."

Back to the Future. Ummm...Mr. McFly...what is his name? He's played by Cripsin Glover, but the character's name is lost. Grrrr...again!!!...
ANYWAY! He's talking to Marty (after Marty appeared to him as "Darth Vadar" the night before). Love it.
-- Another right answer from Laurenda. And it's George, George McFly - he's your density, I mean, your destiny.


10. “I love you.”
“I know.”

Empire Strikes Back. Han to Leia, before he's frozen in carbonite. sigh. (OR! Return of the Jedi, when Leia is shot and they have this little repeat conversation outside the "fort" door thingy).
-- I'm glad someone caught that this could be either movie. In Empire, Leia tells Han she loves him, Han says "I know." In Jedi, it's reversed. Now, the original lines were supposed to be "I love you." "I love you, too." However, Harrison Ford felt that Han Solo wouldn't say that, so he asked George Lucas if he could change the line. One of the best lines of the movie, AND totally fitting of Han Solo, I think.

BONUS Quote (added 5/19): "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage."

2 comments:

sara said...

4.) What About Bob. (Dr. Leo Marvin (Richard Dreyfuss), Bob Wiley (Bill Murray) and the Marvin son, Siggy, while giving the peace sign with his fingers.)

5.) While You Were Sleeping. (Said by a nurse, I think, to Sandra Bullock.)

Those were the only ones I knew.

Miss L said...

Here's my three (some of these are hard, Miss Katie! Yay!)

6. Overboard! lolololol...this was me and you talking, not too long ago! Goldie Hahn's character to Kurt Russell's characters, whose "movie" names I've forgotten. ugh.

9. Back to the Future. Ummm...Mr. McFly...what is his name? He's played by Cripsin Glover, but the character's name is lost. Grrrr...again!!!...
ANYWAY! He's talking to Marty (after Marty appeared to him as "Darth Vadar" the night before). Love it.

10. Empire Strikes Back. Han to Leia, before he's frozen in carbonite. sigh. (OR! Return of the Jedi, when Leia is shot and they have this little repeat conversation outside the "fort" door thingy).