Wednesday, May 28

Surprise... NOT!

A couple of months ago, my roommate was talking about this movie he remembered from his childhood that he wished he could find on DVD (Across the Great Divide). Well, one day as I was online, I happened to find that DVD on Amazon.com. I was so excited, I bought it for him for his birthday. Yes, his birthday isn't until November, but I was excited that I could actually get him a meaningful gift.

The DVD has been sitting in my room for a few weeks - as I'm not a very patient person, I hid it so that I wouldn't give it to him early. It's been helpful that Jeff's been out of town since the middle of April.

Anyway, Jeff finally came home last Saturday after being gone for weeks. As you can imagine, he had quite a large stack of mail to go through. I was in my room reading when I hear Jeff say, "hey Katie, guess what I found." (I'm paraphrasing here, I'm not sure exactly what he said.) He came to my door holding... yes, you guessed it, the DVD of Across the Great Divide. I tried to be excited for him on the outside while my heart fell on the inside - but I've been told that my face is too expressive, much to my embarrassment at times. I probably could never play poker. I figured he could see that something was wrong, so I said "hey, guess what I got you for your birthday?" Ugh!

The moral of the story? Don't try to do anything nice for anyone months in advance.

1 comments:

Miss L said...

Oh Katie!!!

Bless your heart. :) It's still nice to do thing for your friends months in advance so don't give that up; because seriously...WHO would have thought he'd be finding his own copy of this movie (that quite frankly, I've never heard of before...had you?). It was very thoughtful of you. And it's gotten fairly positive reviews on Amazon, so just think what a great present it will be for someone else! lol. :)

p.s. Remind me to tell you about the infamous George Foreman Grill gift. sigh.