Wednesday, March 18

Yummy?

Lunch yesterday was delicious. Kim, Thomas, Miika, and Thomas - that's not a typo, 2 Thomas' - took me to a restaurant near work that serves meals like mamma makes. I ordered a Swedish dish made with ham and potatoes called skinkfrestelse (nope, I can't pronounce it either - Kim helped me). As we were talking about the different foods they eat here in Finland - foods that include bear (they swear it's really good), reindeer, moose (the poor man's reindeer), etc., they raved about a traditional Russian starter dish: Pickles (from the info I've found on-line, I think they're referring to Sweet and Sour pickles or Russian pickles), sour cream and honey. Take your pickle spear, dip it in the honey, then dip it in the sour cream. They were so emphatic about how yummy this is, I might just have to try it.

1 comments:

Miss L said...

Interesting. From what I know from my friend Irina (who's from Russia), they sure like their sour cream and mayo. Let us know what you think of that different appetizer. :)