Tuesday, May 5

Czech me out

As I said, Bill and I drove to Prague two weekends ago (I can’t believe how quickly time flies). Prague was absolutely fabulous – we had really good weather. The drive was fun – Bill drove to Prague, and was so excited to be going super fast on the autobahn (I hated to disappoint him, but 170 kph turned out to only be 105 mph). I drove back from Prague (because Bill wanted to visit a brewery in Plzen so I was the “designated” driver). Just because I could, and yes, maybe I am a little competitive, I drove 200 kph on the autobahn (124 mph) – poor Bill.

Now, even though I don’t speak German, I can pretend to pronounce it, and can actually come close to pronouncing a few words correctly (i.e. Thank You, Train Station, etc.). However, there’s no way that I can look at a word in Czech and begin to figure out how to say it.

We spent all day Saturday walking around Prague – exhausting. What’s even more amazing is that with all the walking we did, we still only saw a very small part of the city. I really need to come back again when I can spend more time.

As we were eating dinner on Saturday, there was a table of very drunk gentlemen sitting near us trying to sing songs in English. My back was to them (to start) so I made a few faces at Bill. Then, one of the guys came over and started talking to us. He said that he and his friends were from Norway, and then he just kept talking and talking. It’s probably a good thing he assumed Bill was my husband, because even then he asked Bill if it was OK to kiss me on the cheek. He was crazy.



Václavské Námestí

St. Vitus Cathedral


St. Nicolas Church

Powder Tower

Powder Tower

Prague Castle




Astrological Clock

National Museum



Charles Bridge

Charles Bridge

Jewish Cemetery - we wanted to visit the cemetery, but unfortunately we went on a Saturday.



Church of Our Lady

Church of Our Lady

0 comments: