Sunday, May 10

I love Paris in the springtime

I know it’s been almost a week since I’ve been home (crazy how quickly time passes), but I did want to document my two days in Paris. When our travel coordinator made our travel arrangements to Austria, our return flight was through Paris. I asked her to check how much more it would cost if I stayed the weekend in Paris and continued my flight home on Monday. YIPPEE for me – it was only $30 more. So, I used some of my hotel points and hung out for a couple of days. It was SO refreshing to be in a foreign country where I didn’t have to start every conversation with “do you speak English?” (or else just NOT have a conversation) Whew. We landed at Charles de Gaulle on Saturday at about 8:30 a.m., and I got to my hotel at around 11:00. I made arrangements to have dinner with friends (see below) at 7:00, so I spent the day walking around Paris – I took a book and sat in a few parks and read. I love it. I, of course, had a list of things to eat – foods that I’ve missed: pain au chocolat, paris-brest, a religieuse, crepes, etc.










After having dinner with Nadia and Malika on Saturday, I spent Sunday with the whole family of sisters I had met on my mission – I love those girls. And it just so happened that all five of them were in Paris this particular weekend (one lives in Southern France and another one lives about 2 hours outside of Paris). It was Malika’s youngest daughter’s birthday, so we had a birthday party (after church) at Nadia’s.

Church was so much fun – and I was quite happy with the fact that I still understood most of what was being said. I had forgotten how international the church is in Paris.
The bishop is American
The Relief Society President is Ukrainian
They have missionaries called to France to teach the large Chinese population – so they have to learn French to get around France and Chinese to teach the people they’re called to teach. Crazy!

I really do love France – when I visit, I feel like I’m coming home.

Perle


Malika and Soleya


Malika and Nadia


Fatiha and Adam

Farida and Perle

1 comments:

Kris said...

You are a crazy traveling woman! Doug and I were in Utah this weekend, but missed you! Maybe we'll come back later this summer. I'm sure Paris was way better than hanging out with us!