Sunday, June 29

Vacation - Part I

Yesterday, Amanda, Danielle and I drove from Utah to Washington. Today we're going to drive from Eastern Washington to the Oregon Coast. That's a lot of car time. We left my house at about 7:30 in the morning and drove to SLC to pick up Danielle - downtown SLC. As we arrived at the prearranged meeting spot, I remembered we were supposed to call Danielle when we were 5 minutes away. Oops! I reached for my phone to call her right then - um, where's my phone? Yikes! I had it in my purse earlier in the morning, but then Amanda called to give me an ETA, and I left the phone on the couch. I can't NOT have my phone for the next week, so we had to drive back to Orem from downtown SLC, and then back up again. I guess it was better that I found in in SLC than in Boise, or in Washington itself, huh?

Danielle brought a box of Trivial Pursuit questions to keep us entertained during the long drive. How entertained? At first we thought the cards were from 1988, but by the end of the drive we had discovered that the Trivial Pursuit questions predated 1986. It was awesome. We had questions about "current events" such as 'What's the capitol of West Germany?,' 'Who is the ruler of Yugoslavia?,' 'Who is due to be released from prison in 1986?,' etc. It really is amazing to think how much the face of the world has changed in a mere 20 years, though.

More to come...

1 comments:

Miss L said...

Eagerly awaiting "Vacation - Part deux". Have a great time!