Thursday, June 26

What happens when your ringtone is a song from your iTunes

I love my individualized ring tones – when my phone rings, I want to know that it’s my phone. I don’t want to be one of 10 people who look to see if it is their phone ringing. Ever since you could customize your ring tones, I have done so.

When my family calls, I hear the theme song to Buffy the Vampire Slayer (it’s been this way for years).
When people from work call, I hear the theme song to The Office.
My generic ring tone is the theme song to Angel.
When friends call, I hear the theme song to Veronica Mars ('We Used to be Friends').
Are you seeing a pattern here? I’m not sure what this says about me, but anywho.

I have a new obsession with the BBC series Doctor Who, so I wanted to use the theme song as a ring tone. I've only assigned it to a couple of people, so I know exactly who's calling when I hear that ring.


This morning before work I was listening to my iTunes, doing laundry, eating breakfast, etc. All of a sudden, I hear the sound announcing my favorite time lord (theme from Doctor Who). Yikes! A phone call early in the morning means one of two things – a personal or work emergency, or a mistake. I felt that sudden quickening of my heart rate as I wondered “what happened.” I rushed around the house looking for my cell phone. I followed the sound of my ring tone, but couldn't find my phone. What the? All I see is my laptop. Maybe my cell phone is under my laptop – my laptop playing my iTunes. So, I pick up my laptop to look for my cell phone. Nope, not under there. Where is that dang cell phone? And why is it still ringing instead of going to voice mail? Ah, shucks, it’s the theme song playing on my laptop. Heart rate decreases while laughter increases. What a moron.

2 comments:

Miss L said...

Not a moron, my friend. Not a moron. Someone who actually knows how to put individualized ringtones on her phone is NOT a moron! I'm very impressed, actually because I am one of those 6 people who jump for their phones when it rings. Ugh. I am a Luddite.

Gina said...

You are so funny! I would have done the same thing!