Tuesday, June 3

Will someone explain this to me, please?

As many of you know, I'm in Colorado Springs this week - missing the second half of my Camera Smarts class. My brother lives in Monument, near Colorado Springs, and has just adopted an adorable 10-year old girl, Lupita. So, last night, my three co-workers and I met my brother and his family for dinner. Allen said it correctly when he described Lupita as "a delight." She's a great addition to our family.

Anyway, on our way back from the restaurant, Allen noticed this sign.

Please explain this to me. First of all, "Bayou BarBQ?" Is barbecue really the type of cooking that you associate with the Bayou? Secondly, "BarBQ Laundromat?" What in the world is a BarBQ Laundromat? Stick-to-your-ribs washers? Hickory-smoked dryers? I'm confused.

2 comments:

sara said...

I am thinking you should go check it out tonight. :-) It could be really convenient .... eat your ribs ... make a mess ... come home with a clean shirt!

Miss L said...

I like Sara's idea.

Maybe there is a great little bbq place right next to the laundromat, owned by the same folks, and they wanted to save money so just had one neon sign made????

OR, maybe the owners are from Louisana and got fed up with the bbq stains on their clothes so they opened up the laundromat???

I agree, you should go investigate!