Friday, August 15

Better Ingredients, Better Pizza, Better Delivery?

Amanda came over tonight to hang out and plan our upcoming Awesome European Adventure. I was going to make shredded beef sandwiches for dinner, but, not being experienced as to the ways of meat (or at least to the ways of "how long meat lasts in the refrigerator"), I had to throw out a 3 lb. roast this morning.

As a result, we were forced to order pizza and drinks from Papa John's. After waiting a ridiculous 50+ minutes for our delivery, the delivery boy arrived without our drinks.

"We're out of Coke and Diet Coke. I can go back to the store and get you something else."
"Well, I paid for drinks, right? We'll take 2 Sprites."
And he started to leave - with my pizza still in his hands.
"Um, didn't you want to leave the pizza?"

OK, first of all, if they knew they were out of the drinks I ordered and PAID for, why not call me to ask what drinks I would like as a replacement instead of coming to my house, going back to the store, then coming back to my house?

Then, Amanda, in her excitement at finally having a drink, rapidly opened her Sprite only to have it spray all over her lap. It looked like she had an accident. Maybe she did?

2 comments:

Miss L said...

Argh. lol. That's hysterical. :) I do love Papa John's pizza, though. I hope they gave you a discount/free beverages!!! Or SOMETHING.

Katie said...

Amanda and I were so shocked at the time, I didn't think about asking for a discount. I did think about calling the store later, but figured "what the heck." It makes a good story and that's enough.