Sunday, August 31

Horror at the Hairdressers

I’ve wanted to cut my hair for the last several weeks. After seeing Amanda’s cute haircut, I finally made an appointment. At the same time I wanted some highlights.

So, yesterday, with much anticipation, I went to a hair salon (which shall remain nameless) that I had been to before, and had liked the results. However, the girl who did my hair last time no longer worked there. Anyway, I digress. As the hairdresser was doing my hair, I was concerned with the color – and I mentioned it to her a few times – she brushed me off.

Later, the girl rinsing my hair said, “oh, did you mean to go so brown?” YIKES!!

Even after all that, I decided to “give it time” before giving in to sheer panic.

Time was up when Amanda came over and was shocked at how dark my hair was. So I called the same salon to make an appointment to get it fixed, free of charge, of course. They couldn’t see me until Tuesday. Oh, well, I’d just have to hide my head in shame until then – maybe buy a hat. Then, luckily, the salon called back and asked me to come in right then.

The hairdresser spent the whole time trying to convince me that there was nothing wrong with my hair:
“I did your hair exactly like it was done last time.”
If that were the case, I wouldn’t be sitting there getting my hair fixed.
“I’m used to dealing with clients who think they are blond.”
Let me interject here – yes, I get highlights, but I don’t THINK I’m blond, I AM blond.
“I think we mentioned the word ‘brown’ and you just freaked out.”
Nobody has ever mentioned the word “brown” in reference to my hair, so of course I freaked out.

Now, I’m not an expert at customer service, but I would think that even if she were right on all counts (please note that she was wrong on all counts), customer service means making the customer happy, right?

Needless to say, I’m now in search of a new hairdresser, someone to fix the disaster that is currently my hair – maybe I should go to Fantastic Sam’s like Amanda?

2 comments:

Leezy Lindsey said...

I really like you in shorter hair! It looks good! Sorry they didn't get the color how you wanted it though. It's so frustrating when your hair doesn't look how you want it to. Plus, it's not cheap to get it done!

Miss L said...

Hey! I think your "after" color actually looks good for fall, all things considered. I can only imagine how dark it had to be, though, for it to have all these...ahem...lowlights in it. :) I DO like it, though. :)