Sunday, May 11

Excuse me?

I travel quite a bit for my job, and I get to meet some legen… wait for it… dary people. And quite often, these people become good friends. While working in Eugene, OR, I made such a friend. He has three lovely children – one boy and twin girls (Jasmine and Meghan – named by their older brother after Disney characters). We were implementing my company’s new computer system and were working late nights (newspapers often publish after midnight, so you do the math). Ian’s wife was bringing him dinner – how cute is that? – and he wanted to introduce us. So, we went out to the parking lot to meet her. She had the girls with her (I had met them previously).

Now, I must interject here and describe my attire. I had on a really cute brown skirt with white polka dots – trust me, it was really cute. I also had on some really cute shoes. And seriously, would I own anything else but really cute shoes?

OK, let’s continue with the story. I went out to meet Ian’s wife, and the girls were there. I was talking to the girls and both of them commented on how much they really liked my outfit. I was thinking – wow, how cool am I that 7-year-olds like my clothes? Then Jasmine burst my bubble by saying "I think my grandma has a skirt like that." I see, your grandmother has a skirt like mine. Hmmmm, so much for being hip, right? Ian’s wife, trying to mollify the situation, leaned over and told me that the girls had a really hip grandma. Not to be outdone, however, Meghan then interjected, "I think she has shoes like that, too." Great – I’m under 40 and I share wardrobe items with a grandmother.

1 comments:

Gina said...

But she is a hip grandma, Katie! Did you miss that? JK, I am sure you were totally cute and the girls truly did like your outfit.

(We love "How I Met Your Mother" too!)