Wednesday, May 7

Welcome to Welcome Anyway

I have decided to join the blogging bandwagon. I don't have children to provide me with entertaining stories, however, I find most of my stories entertaining. Maybe you will, maybe you won't.
As a beginning post, I thought I would share the story of my pedicure last weekend. I went to Kansas and Missouri over the weekend to visit a friend (Kansas) and my sister (Missouri). On Saturday, my friend and I went to get a pedicure at Pretty Nails. As Laurenda and I were sitting there, the young Vietnamese girl working on my toes looked at the two of us and asked if we were sisters. Now, there are many times when I think that Laurenda and I are the same person split in two, but that has nothing to do with our appearances. I am a very Scandinavian blue-eyed blonde (which leads to yet, another story for another time) and Laurenda is (not sure on the nationality) a brown-eyed brunette. We kindly chuckled and said that no, we were just friends. I'll have to include a picture later so you can see that we really don't look alike at all.
The best part, however, is on Sunday, I attended a church function with my sister (my REAL sister) and we were told that we looked nothing like sisters. I'm sorry, but my whole family looks alike. Sadly, I look more like the boys in my family than the girls (or so I've been told - repeatedly), but we all look enough alike to be related. Crazy.
So, this will just be a spot for me to post funny stories (yes, no kids but I do have funny stories).

5 comments:

Amanda Weikum said...

Welcome Anyways Katie to blogging! Its great fun. I love your story, you will have to write about the Africaners comment in Mexico :) How about some pictures though? You should add some from Greece and Hawaii!

Danielle P said...

Glad you could make to blogspot. I've added your blog to my list, and I love that bookshelf. Thanks for the great idea.

Carolyn said...

Katie- that is a funny story! I am going to add your blog to my list, if you don't mind. By the way, I think your RS president needs some lessons in....something....

Gina said...

So you are saying you don't have any kids?

That is a great story! I guess we all look alike to the Vietnamese (and many other nationalities)...

Michelle said...

Yea Katie, I'm ready for the funny stories that don't relate to poopy diapers, fighting kids and all the other random kid things. Your blog title story kills me. Seriously, are people really that dumb? You always cracked me up so I'm excited to read your ramblings. Thanks for the invite to visit your blog.