Wednesday, May 14

Ooops!

I was reminded today of an embarrassing story. While working in Pittsburgh a few years ago, I stayed over one weekend (well, I stayed over several weekends, but this is a particular weekend). Since it was nearing Christmas, I decided to do some Christmas shopping, so I drove a couple of hours to, what I was told, was an awesome Outlet Mall. It was pretty cool, but that has nothing to do with the story.

As the day progressed, I needed to visit the Ladies' room. So, I followed all the signs for the restrooms, and got into my stall. After a minute or two, I heard male voices. "Oh, dear," I thought to myself, "those poor men have somehow come into the Ladies' room by mistake. I'll just wait for them to leave." Well, they did leave, but I immediately heard more male voices. "Oh, dear," I thought to myself, "silly me, I have somehow come into the Men's room by mistake.

I started laughing - quietly, of course, so no one would hear me - is humiliation really real if no one is there to witness it? I had to come up with a plan of action. I decided it would be best for me to wait until the restroom cleared, and then I would make a run for it. Mortification!! So, after several minutes of staying hidden in my stall, I figured that no one was left in the room, so I opened the door and ran. Hmmmm, I thought on my way out, how did I miss those urinals on the way in? I didn't even wash my hands, I went as quickly as I could to the REAL Ladies' room - laughing all the way, ho, ho, ho - and washed my hands there.

4 comments:

Miss L said...

That...is hysterical. I don't know that I'd view that as humiliating, because no one else was there, but what a GREAT story that makes. lolololol.

Thanks for sharing!

Gina said...

That is so funny! I would be laughing to myself too!

Michelle said...

I would be sweating buckets. I don't think I could laugh until after I was out safe. Funny.

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! I am happy you didn't get caught:).