Sunday, July 13

Saturday, July 5th

Danielle wasn’t feeling well the night of July 4th, so the two of us spent the night at a nearby hotel while Amanda stayed at her parents (with her sister and her sister’s family and her brother and her brother’s family). Danielle told us her flight from Spokane was at 3 p.m., so we were planning on leaving Pasco at 11:30 (Pasco is 135 miles from Spokane).

So, at about 10:00 a.m., Danielle and I were on our way over to the Weikum’s (we had taken Amanda’s car) – Danielle decided to check her plane ticket (she checked in on-line and had printed her ticket the previous night). The next thing I hear from the passenger seat is “Oh, !” Danielle just realized that her flight was at 12:53, not 3:30 as she previously thought. Let me remind you that we were in Pasco – 135 miles from Spokane. Keeping a calm head (which I’ve been known to do occasionally), I calmly told her to call Amanda so she could start getting ready. In the meantime, we stopped to get Danielle breakfast, fill up the car with gas, etc.

Amanda took the quickest shower in history (at least her quickest shower), and we left Pasco at 10:45-ish. Have I mentioned that Spokane is 135 miles from Pasco? Amanda broke the speed of sound and got Danielle to the airport at 12:20-ish. Danielle made her flight and, even more amazingly, her luggage made the flight.


After dropping Danielle at the airport, Amanda and I met up with Jeff in Coeur d’Alene. Coeur d’Alene and Spokane are also VERY beautiful places. Jeff took us to the Wolf Lodge Steakhouse where he said we’d eat the world’s best steaks– and he was right. Yummy!!




My vacation came to an end on Sunday, July 6th. I hope you enjoyed the stories half as much as I enjoyed the vacation.

3 comments:

Miss L said...

I did. :) Thank you for sharing the experience AND the pictures! (and I'm glad you got Danielle to the airport, Miss Calm!!!)

Amanda Weikum said...

I only did 90 the entire way to the airport :) But that's what I usually do on the way to the Salt Lake City airport.

Katie said...

So, you think my "broke the speed of sound" comment was an exaggeration?