Monday, July 14

What a difference an “S” makes

I flew to Houston, TX today, and like all good travelers, I printed out driving directions from the airport to my hotel. I was feeling quite proud of myself as I found the exit for N. Main Street off of the 601. However, pride quickly turned to apprehension as I drove down N. Main Street. It really didn’t look like the kind of neighborhood for a Marriott hotel and it REALLY didn’t look like a neighborhood I should be in. Then, after reaching the street number I was looking for and NOT seeing a Residence Inn, something had to be done. Pulling over to call for directions was out of the question, so I called Marriott’s 1-800 number as I drove around looking for an interstate. After speaking with a very nice Marriott representative, I discovered that the hotel was on 7710 S. Main Street, not 7710 N. Main Street (I’m not quite sure where I got the “N.” from – I went back and checked my email and it was correct). Anywho, I tried to use my awesome phone to get driving directions from my Current location to the corrected address – but it couldn’t calculate my current location. The horror. After driving for a few more minutes, I found a nicer looking area (more populated, at least) and pulled over – trying to give my phone a stationary location to pinpoint. Finally, success! I LOVE my phone.

I am now sitting safely in my 2-story hotel room (yes, my hotel room has a loft – why don’t I get hotel rooms like this when I’m staying for a week or more instead of only two days?).

What do they say? Pride cometh before the fall?

4 comments:

Miss L said...

lololol...Glad you made it to your hotel safe and sound! What kind of phone gets GPS (clearly, not mine! lol). :)

Katie said...

It's an iPhone - not quite as cool as a GPS, but it can calculate my current position and use google maps to get me where I need to go.

Gina said...

Wow sounds like a ritzy reward for all the trouble finding it!

Unknown said...

My daughter is so funny