Friday, November 14

14 days and counting

1. Food Network channel – I love this channel – good shows, good hosts (Alton Brown is my favorite), good recipes. This morning I had breakfast at a place profiled by Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives called The Dor-Stop Restaurant. Raspberry French Toast to die for.
2. Cell phones – My flight from Pittsburgh to Atlanta was delayed, which meant that I wouldn’t be able to make my connection out of Atlanta. I was able to use my cell phone to quickly find a nearby hotel, call for reservations (and a shuttle), and verify my flight schedule for tomorrow morning. Ain’t technology grand?
3. Family – siblings, in-laws, nieces/nephews, in-laws, great-nieces and great-nephews (gulp!). We’re all crazy, and I love it! My youngest nephew got his mission call today (Zurich, Switzerland) and I was able to participate in the conference call as he opened and read his call for the first time. What a great experience to be able to share that with him!

There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.
--Ralph H. Blum

0 comments: