Thursday, November 20

The 20th, really?

1. Good memories – Tonight I made a stir fry for dinner. I know you’re asking what that has to do with memories. Well, I made it from one of my mom’s recipes…a recipe we used to make all the time when I was in high school. As I was chopping the carrots (yes, it’s true, I actually ate carrots this evening of my own free will), celery, onions, etc. I remembered many of our family dinners. So, not only did I have a delicious meal, but I also had great memories to go along with it.
2. Lip balm – I live in such a dry climate, my lips would shrivel up and fall off (wouldn’t that be a sight?) if I didn’t have a constant supply of lip balm. C.O. Bigelow® is my current favorite.
3. Fun co-workers. A friend/co-worker sent me the following saying: “my work friends are the reason why I love my job.” I couldn’t have said it better.

"The grateful man sees so much in the world to be thankful for, and with him the good outweighs the evil. Love overpowers jealousy, and light drives darkness out of his life. Pride destroys our gratitude and sets up selfishness in its place. How much happier we are in the presence of a grateful and loving soul, and how careful we should be to cultivate, through the medium of a prayerful life, a thankful attitude toward God and man!"
--President Joseph F. Smith, Gospel Doctrine, 5th ed. [1939]

1 comments:

Amanda Weikum said...

I completely agree, work friends are the only thing that makes work bearable:)
PS--Edward is hot!!!