Monday, November 10

Obrigado, Спасибо, Ευχαριστίες

That's Portuguese, Russian and Greek, in case you wanted to know.

My friend Kris has started her Gratitude challenge, and she has inspired me to go a little deeper in what I'm grateful for:

1. Good friends. As I look back on my life, I have always been blessed with great friends. Friends who make it easier for me to be the person I want to be. Friends who love me no matter what. Several of my friends have been my friends for YEARS!
2. The world – I know that sounds kind of all encompassing, but let me explain. In the past four days, I’ve been in three different states. I’ve seen the beautiful, majestic mountains of Utah; enjoyed the warm weather in Texas (can I iterate again the awesomeness of wearing capri pants in November and NOT being cold?); and stood by the three merging rivers of Pittsburgh. There is SO much beauty to enjoy in the world – how can I express how much I love seeing it all?
3. People who are willing to pay a compliment to a total stranger. I need to be more like that.

"Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude.
Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness.
Thankfulness may consist merely of words.
Gratitude is shown in acts."
--David O. McKay

1 comments:

theresa said...

Katie you are a very good person and I am grateful that I know you and that you are a friend of one of my daughters. Therefore since you have been kind enough to spend time with the wacky Weikums you are now considered a friend.