Sunday, November 9

Danke, Grazie, Merci

I wish I could say that this Gratitude challenge has rid me of all tendencies to be easily annoyed, but alas, I can’t. Maybe by the end of the month? OR, more likely, this will be a work in progress for a while. But I am working on it.

1. Clothes that don’t require ironing!!
2. Panera Bread
3. Awesome hotel staff. When I checked into the hotel in Pittsburgh, I asked if I could be in a room on the “quiet” side of the hotel. There’s a bar on one side of the hotel and rooms on that side tend to be noisy. The only room on the quieter side of the hotel (although, with the Steelers game tonight, I’m not sure if any room will be quiet) was a more expensive room…with a jacuzzi. Well, the nice gentleman at the front desk upgraded me to this room at no extra charge – at least that’s what he told me. So, not only do I get a room on the “quiet” side of the hotel, but I also get a room with a jacuzzi. What a nice young man!

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
--Melody Beattie

2 comments:

theresa said...

Katie I started my own blog just so I could join the attitude of gratatude challenge. Have a good night. :}

Amanda Weikum said...

Did you use the jacuzzi yet? It's a little weird with it being in the middle of the room but you can turn the tv and watch it from the tub :)