Wednesday, November 19

Yes, I'm a nerd

Having just spent 13 hours at work, my first items of gratitude are techie software things that helped keep the 13 hours from becoming many, many more:

1. notepad ++ – a free source code editor. This little application let me look at all of the invisible characters in a text file I was working with until I found that annoying character that was causing my problem. Without this app, I’d still be at work banging my head against a brick wall.
2. Text Translation Preview – a little feature in one of my company’s applications that allowed me to easily preview my progress rather than use the 20-step process it would have taken without this feature. Twenty might be an exaggeration, but not much.
3. Totally not work related, but I’m thankful for my mom’s home teacher. He and his wife are so good about visiting my mom each month. Not only does he visit her, but he takes a genuine interest in making sure she’s OK. Scot is awesome – I know my mom appreciates him, and thus, I appreciate him.

"We are so often caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey, especially the goodness of the people we meet on the way. Appreciation is a wonderful feeling, don't overlook it."
--Author Unknown

0 comments: