Sunday, November 16

I can't believe I've been doing this for 16 days

Some of the things I've been grateful for this month have been shallow and materialistic, but you know what? It doesn't matter. I'm grateful for them, so why not list them? Life is made up of important, significant things as well as smaller things that help simplify this crazy life we have to live. Why not be grateful for them all?

1. I’m grateful to be able to attend church. This is the first Sunday in November that I haven't been on an airplane, so I was finally able to attend my church meetings. Granted, I had to leave early due to a headache/migraine (see item #2), but I’m grateful for the meetings I did attend.
2. Aspirin (Tylenol, Advil, insert your favorite aches-and-pains medicine here) – I woke up at around 4 or 5 a.m. with a splitting headache, and I knew right then it was going to be a whopper of a day. But I was able to take a couple of Tylenol and go back to sleep for a few more hours. I love that we have medicines to alleviate pain.
3. Laundry detergent – I love the smell of freshly washed laundry. Hopping into a bed with just washed sheets? Awesome.

"Can you see the holiness in those things you take for granted--a paved road or a washing machine? If you concentrate on finding what is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul."
--Rabbi Harold Kushner

1 comments:

Leezy Lindsey said...

I'm sorry you didn't feel good today. I saw you in sacrament meeting but didn't get a chance to say hi. Hope you're feeling better!