Tuesday, November 11

November 11th

I can’t believe I’ve been doing this for 11 days – it really has been an eye-opening experience. It's quite touching to spend my day looking for my three things. Sadly, like my friend Laurenda, I think of things throughout the day, but when it comes time to blog, I completely forget. And I know they were good things, too. Anywho, what am I thankful for today?

1. My friend’s mom accepted the Attitude of Gratitude challenge, and she mentioned something we should all be thankful for (especially today – Veteran’s Day). I am grateful for all of the men and women who have ever served this country – WWI, WWII, Vietnam, and today. I thank you.
2. My job. I may get frustrated with it at times, but I’m glad to have it. I enjoy the people I work with AND I’ve had the chance of meeting fantastic people from all over the world.
3. Windows (windows as in “an opening in the wall of a building, the side of a vehicle, etc., for the admission of air or light, or both”, not computer Windows – come on, I’m a Mac girl). Sounds dumb, I know, but when I’m working in my office, I don’t have any windows remotely near my office. However, today, I had to “share” an office with a gentleman in Pittsburgh. His office has nice big windows. As I looked out the windows that opened so beautifully on the… building next to ours (I did seem some tree tops and some fall leaves), I was grateful that I wasn’t surrounded by four solid walls.

Thanks to our Father we will bring,
For he gives us everything.
--Robert Louis Stevenson (Children’s Songbook, pg. 20)

0 comments: