Saturday, November 22

This, the 22nd day of Gratitude

1. Individuality for women – I’m reading a book (A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray) – it’s a great book so far. It takes place in old-world England where the only reason girls were educated was to make them better wives. I found the following interchange enlightening – it takes place between two students after an impromptu conversation with a teacher: “I found it all very interesting,” says Felicity. “My future husband won’t,” Cecily grouses. “He’ll want to know that I can draw something pleasant to impress our guests.” I’m so glad that I can find things interesting outside of what my husband would find interesting. I know, I know, I don’t have a husband – but if I did, I could.
2. Laurenda’s quote from yesterday’s blog: “Difficulties are opportunities to better things; they are stepping stones to greater experience. Perhaps someday you will be thankful for some temporary failure in a particular direction. When one door closes, another always opens.” --Author Unknown
3. Fantastic Sam’s. Hair stylists who actually listen to what I want done with my hair? Now there's a novel thought.

When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.
--G. K. Chesterton

1 comments:

Miss L said...

You are the Awesome one, my friend! :) And I'm so excited about the Fantastic Sams experience...will you post pictures???? :)