Friday, November 7

Day 7's giving of thanks

I’ve set a precedent now – if I skip a day, I’ll feel guilty. So, whether you like it or not, I’m going to continue with my daily giving of thanks.

1. Christmas music. I know what you’re saying – I said it myself: isn’t it too early for Christmas music? As it turns out, no, it isn’t. I was driving home from the airport this morning, scanning through the local radio stations when I ran across a Christmas song – actually, several stations are playing Christmas music now, but I digress. After my initial “it’s-too-early-for-this” reaction, I started singing along (notice how I didn’t CHANGE the station?). Immediately (and I mean immediately) the annoyance I felt toward the driver of the truck and trailer who just cut me off disappeared. It was awesome. So, I sang Christmas music all the way home.
2. To go along with the Christmas music, I am grateful for my hearing. What did you just say?
3. I drove my mom to her local library tonight so that she could get her library card. I had mentioned the Gratitude Challenge to her earlier. As we were getting out of the car, she stopped in the parking lot, looked over at the sunset and said, “you should be thankful for that,” pointing to the gorgeous sunset. She’s right – I am thankful. Unfortunately I didn’t have my camera. But wait, fortunately I did have my iPhone, so enjoy!


“Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.”
--Margaret Cousins

1 comments:

Miss L said...

I love Christmas music, too, and am so glad it's on now instead of waiting for it after Thanksgiving!!!

And I'm enjoying your gratitude lists, my friend. I am indeed.