Tuesday, November 25

On the 25th day of Gratitude

My online subscription to LDS Living came today with an interesting story on “The Power of Thank You.” ‘tis the season, I guess.

1. Holiday Weekends – I know I’ve already expressed my gratitude for weekends, but Holiday Weekends are a horse of a different color. Since my company gives us Thanksgiving off as well as the day after Thanksgiving, that’s four (count them 4) whole days off, hopefully giving me time to rejuvenate for the following week. Of course, that isn’t going to happen, right?
2. Web sites that facilitate searching and travel – Again, I know I’ve already expressed gratitude for the Internet (thanks Al Gore, right?), but this is more specific. I’ve just been given a spur-of-the-moment international assignment for the weeks of December 8th and 15th. However, the hotel where co-workers have stayed is unavailable for the time period I’m going to be there. I know the general area in which I want to stay, so I was able to use Google, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, you name it, to try and find an inexpensive yet acceptable hotel for two weeks. I guess I’ll find out when I get there if it truly is acceptable.
3. Leftovers – I made a really yummy hamburger and macaroni dinner the other night. Since I’m cooking for one, of course I had leftovers. So, I get home tonight after another crazy busy day, and I’m not in the mood to cook, and I’m trying to be frugal so I don’t want to get take-out, and voila! Leftover yummy hamburger and macaroni! Love it.

“Gratitude works because, as a way of perceiving and interpreting life, it recruits other positive emotions—like joy, contentment, and hope—that have direct physical benefits... We have also found that when people experience gratitude, they feel more loving, more forgiving, and closer to God.”
--Robert Emmons, professor of psychology at the University of California, Davis

3 comments:

Miss L said...

You are a traveling woman, I tell you! Where are you going? Can I come? lol. And I LOVE holiday weekends, too, because though I don't "get them off," at least there is another parent on duty! lol.

Katie said...

I guess I did forget to mention where I was going... London. It's been several years since I've been to London, so it should be fun!

Gina said...

leftovers are my favorite!