Wednesday, November 12

Day 12

1. Restaurant Delivery – it’s so nice to be able to relax (read be lazy) at the hotel and have someone bring food to my door.
2. Humor – my friend Kris mentioned this yesterday in her blog (which I didn’t read until today), but I thought of this today all on my own. The guys I work with in Pittsburgh are so funny…even grumpy Bob. And, as Kris says, laughter and humor are contagious – so spread the humor!!
3. My dad – he passed away in 1992, but I think about him and miss him every day. He was (is) a great example of love, tolerance, faith, compassion, dedication, work, courage, service, and the list goes on. I’m totally bawling so I better leave it at that.

"This is a wonderful time to be living here on earth. Our opportunities are limitless. While there are some things wrong in the world today, there are many things right, such as teachers who teach, ministers who minister, marriages that make it, parents who sacrifice, and friends who help.
"We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues"
--Thomas S. Monson, "An Attitude of Gratitude," Ensign, May 1992, 54

0 comments: